Did you know that burglars are three times more likely to target properties that don’t use a security system? Research has found that residences without a home security system increase their chances of experiencing a home invasion than those with home security and surveillance in place. Compounding this research, if you work outside of your New York home, knowing that almost two-thirds of burglaries happen during daylight hours can be concerning. Research from DCSI Security has found that 62% of all burglaries happen between 6 AM and 6 PM.
To avoid being one of these statistics, smart home security systems can help deter criminals and give you peace of mind when away from your New York home.
The Benefits of a New York Home Security System
A home security system’s number one priority is to protect you and your property from burglary, home invasion, fire, and other environmental disasters such as flooding. And while a custom home security system can be a significant expense depending on the features you choose, it does protect you from financial loss. An analysis of FBI and the US Department of Justice data finds that burglary victims lose an average of $2,416.
Deterrent to Intruders
Along with the security and surveillance equipment itself, visible signs of an alarm system like equipment brand stickers and yard signs, are effective deterrents to burglars. According to FBI data, 83% of would-be burglars check for the presence of an alarm system before attempting a break-in. With a home security system installed, not only can you deter intruders, but you can also obtain some additional peace of mind knowing your New York home is protected whether you are home or away.
Convenience and Energy Savings
Many modern security systems use smart sensors that can detect motion, door/window openings, and other events. These sensors can be programmed to activate security measures (such as turning on lights or cameras) only when needed, reducing energy consumption when the premises are unoccupied. Coupled with remote monitoring and control capabilities, you can manage your security system from a smartphone or computer. This means you can turn off lights or adjust heating/cooling remotely when you realize you’ve left them on, saving energy in the process.
By incorporating these energy-saving features and technologies, modern security systems can help reduce energy consumption and lower utility bills while still providing robust protection for your property.
Modern Features of the Best Security Systems in New York
The best security systems in New York should include a combination of various features and components to provide comprehensive protection for your home or business. Here are some essential elements to consider:
- Surveillance Cameras: High-quality surveillance cameras are a fundamental part of any security system. Look for systems that offer both indoor and outdoor cameras with features such as high-resolution video, night vision, motion detection, and remote viewing via a smartphone app.
- Motion Sensors: These sensors can detect movement in and around your property. They are crucial for detecting unauthorized entry.
- Door and Window Sensors: These sensors are placed on doors and windows to alert you when they are opened or tampered with.
- Smart Locks: Smart locks allow you to control and monitor access to your property remotely. You can grant temporary access codes to visitors or service providers.
- Alarm Systems: A loud alarm system can deter intruders and alert you and/or a monitoring service to a potential break-in.
- Glass Break Sensors: These sensors detect the sound of breaking glass, providing an additional layer of security.
- Security Lighting: Outdoor lighting, especially motion-activated lights, can deter potential intruders and improve camera visibility at night.
- 24/7 Monitoring: Many security companies offer 24/7 monitoring services. In the event of an alarm, they can notify the authorities or contact you directly.
- Mobile App Access: A mobile app that allows you to control and monitor your security system remotely is highly valuable. You can arm/disarm the system, view camera feeds, and receive alerts on your smartphone.
- Fire and Carbon Monoxide Detection: A comprehensive security system should also include smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors to protect against fire and gas leaks.
- Home Automation: Some security systems integrate with home automation features, allowing you to control lights, smart thermostats, and other devices remotely.
- User-Friendly Interface: The system should have an easy-to-use interface for managing settings and alerts.
Premium Security System Installation
While some security systems are DIY-friendly, professional installation ensures that everything is set up correctly and optimally. When choosing a security system in New York, it’s essential to consider the specific security challenges of your location, whether it’s a home or business.
For over a decade, Lifetronic Systems has been designing and installing custom smart home security systems for homeowners, builders and businesses throughout Connecticut, New York and beyond. We seamlessly integrate cutting-edge home automation, entertainment, lighting, security, communication and networking systems to enhance the lives of our clients.