Home automation has quickly evolved into one of the fastest, largest markets in technology and continues to grow. In fact, the global smart home market is expected to reach a value of more than $53 billion by 2022. As smart technology becomes more sophisticated, new trends and devices are hitting the market at rapid speed. From new entertainment devices to outdoor automation and lighting, here are the best home automation ideas to positively impact the way you live.
#1: Optimize Your Home’s Energy Use
Smart home automation is not just fun and games. It can help you save money, too! Here are a few smart additions that can help you save on monthly energy expenses.
- Lutron: When you add the right window treatment to your home, such as insulated smart shading, you can reduce energy loss by up to 40% and create greater comfort in your home all year long. Not to mention, smart shading also creates the perfect ambiance for any time of day. You can program these smart shades to lift and close depending on your home’s temperature, lighting, time of day, etc. They are fully automated, just like the rest of your smart home.
- Control4 Thermostat: Control4 products consistently deliver the right level of comfort in the most efficient way possible. Adding a smart thermostat to your home is one of the easiest ways to improve energy efficiency and save on monthly utility bills. You can easily adjust the thermostat levels in your home from your iPhone or iPad so the heat or air conditioning is ideal, even when you’re not home.
- Control4 Lighting Control: Control4 integrates many areas of the home. That’s why when it is combined with other smart home products, it creates such an impact on energy savings. This app allows homeowners to automate their indoor or outdoor lighting with the use of an Apple or Android smartphone. It can be programmed to turn lighting on or off as needed, creating smart energy savings. Smart lighting can reduce your lighting energy costs by up to 35%, making it another smart addition to your home.
#2: Automate Your Morning Routine
We have to admit, the bedroom and bathroom have been a little slow to the smart home party, but they have arrived. This technology is not only convenient but also adds precious time to back into your day.
- KOHLER Konnect: This technology integrates your bath’s light, sound, color and water to create a bathroom experience that’s straight out of the Jetson’s. With Konnect, bathroom appliances, such as your bath’s lighted mirror, sink faucet, showering system and vanity, are all connected and voice-activated, creating a totally hands-free experience!
- Séura Mirror: Think of this product as another smart device that is seamless to your home. You can connect your digital world to this smart custom bathroom vanity, enabling you to be more efficient and productive each morning. In addition, the display is multi-functional and serves as a TV — one that requires zero unsightly wires.
- Eufy Smart Scale: This is no ordinary scale! A smart scale records your important health metrics and syncs the data to an app on your phone, such as Apple Health. There’s a lot of invaluable data to be learned with a smart scale, such as body fat percentage, muscle and bone mass and heart rate. In turn, this information helps you learn more about your daily fitness so you can become a better, healthier you.
#3: Entertain the Smart Way
Build an oasis for you and your family by adding a smart home theater or media room to your home. Entertainment rooms such as these can be made in your existing living room (or another room you don’t frequently use) or even your basement and create a customized space where you can kick back and relax in.
- Vutec Projection Screens: These motorized (but silent) projection screens bring the true movie theater experience to your home. Projection screens create a larger viewing area than a TV screen (and, at a more affordable price!) Do you think your 70-inch TV screen is large? Wait until you see a projection screen that is even double the size!
- Stealth Acoustics Surround Sound: This sound system delivers top-notch sound quality and boasts “invisible-like” qualities. Home theater or media room installations are typically created using the strategic placement of one subwoofer and five speakers in the design that envelops the audience and makes them feel like they’re part of the action.
- Control4’s Universal Control: These intuitive interfaces control the entire home, from audio and video equipment to lights, music, temperature, shades and more. The days of fumbling through multiples remotes are over! Control4 is even voice-activated so you can choose to ditch the remote if desired.
#4: Outdoor Smart Home Features
Your smart home is not limited to the indoors! Not only convenient, but outdoor smart home features add value to your home or commercial property, as well as elevate your entertaining experience. And it’s all controlled seamlessly from a handheld remote, smartphones or voice control.
- Coastal Source: These speakers provide high-quality outdoor audio that is seamlessly controlled from anywhere in your smart home. Just like your indoor audio system, we install outdoor audio to be “invisible” and free from any wires and speakers. One of our favorite outdoor features is our underwater pool speakers that allow the music to flow while you swim.
- SunBriteTV: These products are specifically designed and built from the ground up for the outdoor environment. This brand has earned a reputation for durability and lasts for years in harsh winter environments, making it an excellent addition to your New England home.
- Philips Hue Smart Outdoor Lighting: Bring your backyard to life! Having the right outdoor lighting creates a beautiful ambiance and provides safety to you and your guests. Most LED lights come with a controller that lets you change the color with a push of a button so lighting can be frequently changed depending on the look you’re going for. And of course, this is all integrated into your existing home automation controls so you can program your outdoor lighting to go off automatically.
Ready to Transform Your Home?
Lifetronic Systems specializes in creating custom indoor and outdoor spaces for residential and commercial properties. If you’re ready to learn more, contact us today.